Mapping the Eight Core Power Archetypes to the Jungian System
The "eight core power archetypes" - our personal "V8 power-car engine."
One of the key points in Unveiling: The Inner Journey has been that we need all eight; we can't be rigidly stereotyped into just one. This is a significant departure from the line of thinking first popularized by the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory, which suggested that not only were we predominantly in just one of these archetypal modes, but that we stayed there all our lives.
Congratulations - You've Found One of the Top Blog Posts in The Unveiling Journey
Whether by luck or by design, you've come to the second most popular blogpost in The Unveiling Journey since the blog was started in 2007. (The six "most popular" blogs are selected by statistics current as of October 22, 2013.)
Since then, we've moved the entire blog series to a new location.
Here are some great reading choices:
- The Unveiling Journey - the most recent blog (we keep getting better!),
- Six Top Blog Posts for The Unveiling Journey - top six as of October 22, 2013 - gives links to this blog post plus five more (including the one I'd recommend the most), and
- Mapping the Eight Core Power Archetypes to the Jungian System - the rest of this post (the one that you started reading here just now).
Why the Transition to a New Blog Site?
- Better Intralinking: You'll find related blogposts easier (look at the end of this post on the new site for good links),
- Better Categories and Tags: Interested in a related topic? Want to see what else is covered? Look in the right-hand sidebar on the new site - check out the Categories (main topics) and Tags (people, books, events, and sub-topics), and
- Improved Resources: Look for a Resources Page (main header menu); it will give you a different kind of access to related topics - from the antecedents (books inspiring this ongoing work) to future directions.
See you over there - and thank you!
Alay'nya (Alianna J. Maren, Ph.D.)
Post edited and content moved to The Unveiling Journey website, specifically to the Mapping the Eight Core Power Archetypes to the Jungian System blogpost on Tuesday, October 22, 2013. Original post December 28, 2011.