Six Core "Power Archetypes" - The Key to Personal Power
Imagine that you're John Wayne, with the thundering power of six galloping horses under your control, as he had in the movie Stagecoach.
Such stirring, viscerally exciting stagecoach "powerhouses" still exist; and are still drawn by six powerful horses. There are still people who are excited by real stagecoaches and the power of their six-horse "engines."
Now, imagine that you're in the driver's seat, thundering along at full speed. Your "six horses" are in fine form, as you cover dusty plains, heat-seared deserts, and mountainous terrain. You know each member of your team; each is integral.
And suddenly - one of your horses takes a stumble; he breaks a leg, and you no longer have that essential horse on your team. That crucial "balance of power" that enables you to move at top speed, easily covering the most difficult terrain, is broken. Now, lacking just one of your integral "powerhouses," you are much more vulnerable - to attacks by Indian war parties, to raiders and bandits, and even to rivals who will beat you to the next town with important news.
The value of archetypes?
You are the stagecoach. Everything that you are, that you value, that carries you through life, is your "stagecoach." It's your job, and the skills and abilities that enable you to perform on your job. It's your special interests, and the skills that you've built up over a lifetime that lets you cultivate your interests. It's your role in your community, your church, your family, and society at large.
Your archetypes are your horses. Each is different, and you need each one.
Congratulations - You've Found One of the Top Blog Posts in The Unveiling Journey
Whether by luck or by design, you've come to the single most popular blogpost in The Unveiling Journey since the blog was started in 2007. ("Most Popular" is the vote current as of October 22, 2013.)
Since then, we've moved the entire blog series to a new location.
Here are some great reading choices:
- The Unveiling Journey - the most recent blog (we keep getting better!),
- Six Top Blog Posts for The Unveiling Journey - gives links to this blog post plus five more (including the one I'd recommend the most), and
- Your Six "Power Archetypes" – What Happens When One Doesn’t Function? - the rest of this post (the one that you started reading here just now).
Why the Transition to a New Blog Site?
- Better Intralinking: You'll find related blogposts easier (look at the end of this post on the new site for good links),
- Better Categories and Tags: Interested in a related topic? Want to see what else is covered? Look in the right-hand sidebar on the new site - check out the Categories (main topics) and Tags (people, books, events, and sub-topics), and
- Improved Resources: Look for a Resources Page (main header menu); it will give you a different kind of access to related topics - from the antecedents (books inspiring this ongoing work) to future directions.
See you over there - and thank you!
Alay'nya (Alianna J. Maren, Ph.D.)
Post edited and content moved to The Unveiling Journey website, specifically to the Your Six "Power Archetypes" - What Happens When One Doesn't Function? blogpost on Tuesday, October 22, 2013. Original post September 15, 2011.